Newport Market offers
- The finest fresh produce with award winning butchers
- the city centre’s only fishmongers,
- fresh fruit and vegetables,
- gifts, cards and more.
Newport Market has been central to Newport life for nearly 150 years.
Read more about the market history.
The refurbished High Street entrance opened November 2013, part of a £1million project to refurbish part of the grade-two listed building.
Monday to Saturday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Individual traders and stalls operate different hours so please check to avoid frustration if you are looking for a particular stall.
Getting here and parking
The market is in walking distance of the railway station and buses.
Leaving Newport station concourse, cross Queensway and proceed down Cambrian Road to the entrance to Newport Arcade. Cut through and the entrance to Newport Market is directly opposite.
Drivers can park for three hours parking for £1.
For the latest news follow the council on Twitter @NewportCouncil
- Personal credit check and proof of identity are required before an application will be considered.
- Stalls are let on a weekly licence with rent also payable on a weekly basis.
- Newport City Council’s business services team can help with free support and advice.
The gallery area is available for hire, please get in touch if you would like to use it for an event.
Some of the upstairs units are used by local artists to showcase their work in a new venture called the Upmarket Galleries, visit their Facebook page to find out more.